Photo & Video Competition 2016
Our Annual SAFARI ZOO Photographic Competition extends this year to include a video category set for the first time. We challenge all budding amateur creatives we challenge you to capture the highlights of SAFARI in our new larger range of categories and take your chance to win a fantastic SAFARI ZOO Family Animal Encounter worth £105! (2 Adults, 2 Children up to 15 years old)
Whether you’re a young enthusiast or a seasoned snapper, this is your chance to take your best shot!
2016’s photo and video categories are listed just to the right.
Each category submission must be separately emailed to [email protected] with the email subject header labeled as follows
‘PHOTO COMPETITION 2016 – FULL NAME – AGE – CATEGORY’
Each photo entry file should be named
‘FULL NAME – AGE – CATEGORY – CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER.jpg’
Terms and Conditions
- Minor photo manipulation for image repair is allowed however extensive modification is only permitted on the ‘Humor & Caption Category’
- Anything photographed within SAFARI ZOO meeting to a category requirements is eligible.
- Submissions may be colour or black and white. The Black & White Photo category must be black and white.
- Entrants can submit one photo/video in each category, No image/video can be submitted for multiple categories.
- Submissions cannot have been entered in any previous SAFARI ZOO promotions/competitions.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers/videographer and for the purposes of this competition, a professional will be considered someone who makes more than half their annual income from these fields. Should any professionals like to provide some of their work from a visit to SAFARI ZOO or any of its charities under the SAFARI ZOO NATURE FOUNDATION for royalty free use with accreditation to their business please contact us on [email protected]
- Each photo entry file should be named ‘APPLICANT FULL NAME – AGE – CATEGORY – CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER.jpg’
- Photograph entries can be submitted in any aspect ratio, Use cropping to your advantage!!!
- All images will be checked on www.tineye.com to aid checking against illegal copyright breach, Those found to submit content not of their own copyright and creation will be banned from future compertitions.
- Video entries ideally should be submitted in landscape 16:9 aspect ratio, However alternative layouts will be considered.
- Individual photograph files should be no larger than 20MB and submitted in JPG format. You can losslessly reduce image file size using the free open source software FileOptermizer on Windows 7+.
- Videos should be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Videos must be silent for public data protection or contain free copyright approved music from YouTube.
- Videos should be uploaded to your YouTube or Vimeo account then the video URL provided. The public video is to be labeled with the ‘SAFARI ZOO – CATEGORY’.
- SAFARI ZOO reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- All participants agree that the submitted images are of their own creation, copyright have not been entered into previous SAFARI ZOO competitions and SAFARI ZOO holds the right to display the accredited images in marketing material for publicity purposes online, print or around the zoo without royalty fee.
- Overall winner prizes must be used by 31/12/2017
- All judges decisions are final.
- The closing date for this years competition is 11:59PM 31/12/2016
Black & White
SAFARI ZOO Interactive Feedings
Winter At SAFARI ZOO
2016 Year Of The Monkey
Animal Humour & Caption
Animals In Action
Mornings At Safari Zoo
Animals In Action
A Day At Safari Zoo
- Our panel of judges carefully considered 2 overall winners will receive a Family Animal Encounter Voucher worth £105!
- Judges will carefully select category winners from each of our category finalists who will be displayed online along with the overall Adult & Junior Photo/Video competition winners of 2016 in February 2017. The public will be able to vote for their favourite category winners from our finalists on our website from February – December 2017. Winners of the public votes for each category will be displayed online January 2018.