Visitor Experience and Communications Co-ordinator
We want our guests to have the best experience when they visit us, and we need your help to make sure they do!
We are looking for a customer-service-minded, proactive person dedicated to ensuring the Zoo is providing an excellent level of service to both internal and external customers every minute of every day.
You will be primarily based within our office team – being an excellent communicator is vital as the role will require you to interact with all departments which is an amazing opportunity to gain insight and experience in a range of sectors – from Animal Care to Retail to Catering to Maintenance.
The roles will include;
- Compiling monthly staff, management and firearms rotas for all departments
- Responding to Customer comments, queries, complaints and questions in person, via email and on social media
- Maintaining our Social Media presence
- Supporting Managers in ensuring that standards within the Zoo meet our expectations by completing regular checks and co-ordinating staff to maintain a positive experience for all visitors
- Supporting the team to ensure excellent planning and delivery of special events, parties and group visits.
- Looking after the members of our existing groups which currently includes Adopters, Annual Pass Holders, Homeschoolers and Toddle Tuesdays – the successful candidate will be expected to expand these audience groups with the creation of new dedicated groups.
- Co-ordinate the onboarding of new team members including providing a thorough induction, delivery of basic training and site induction, ensuring all documents are in order and maintaining accurate records.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previously worked in a large customer focused business, ideally a tourist attraction or similar
- Be committed to delivering the highest standards of customer service
- Be able to get the best out of people
- Have point of sale system experience including cash handling experience, including cashing up and reconciliations
- Have excellent record keeping skills
- Have excellent IT skills: high standard of Microsoft Word and Excel are essential
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Demonstrate a “can do attitude” and thrive working under pressure
- Enjoy working with people and be able to demonstrate excellent people skills
You must have flexibility in working hours to cover the full trading hours of the Zoo on a rota basis, now or in the future which includes the ability to work regular weekends.
To apply please Email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date February 25th 2020