- An African Spurred Tortoise is known to get excited and run around just before it rains
- Nearly all reptiles lay shelled eggs.
Visit the kids zone for some learning & fun HERE
a cold-blooded vertebrate animal of a class that includes snakes, lizards, crocodiles, turtles, and tortoises. They are distinguished by having a dry scaly skin, and typically laying soft-shelled eggs on land.
Did you Know?
- Reptiles are covered in scales or have a bony external plate such as a shell.
- Nearly all reptiles are cold blooded.
- The first reptiles are believed to have evolved around 320 million years ago.
- The size of reptile’s brains relative to their body is much smaller than that of mammals.
- Reptiles use a variety of methods to defend themselves from dangerous situations, such as avoidance, camouflage, hissing and biting.