Big Cats Style Test
Grace, strength, beauty, powerful, agile…. big cats are skilled hunters who rely on stealth, camouflage and lightning-speed reactions.
- An adult lion’s roar can be heard up to five miles (eight kilometers) away.
- Long, muscular hind legs enable snow leopards to leap seven times their own body length in a single bound.
- A tiger’s stripes are like fingerprints—no two animals have the same pattern.
- The strongest climber among the big cats, a leopard can carry prey twice its weight up a tree.
- The name “jaguar” comes from a Native American word meaning “he who kills with one leap.”
- In the wild, lions live for an average of 12 years and up to 16 years. They live up to 25 years in captivity.
- Cheetahs do not roar, as the other big cats do. Instead, they purr.
- Tigers are excellent swimmers and do not avoid water.
- Fossil records from two million years ago show evidence of jaguars.
- Lions are the only cats that live in groups, called prides. Every female within the pride is usually related.
- Tigers have been hunted for their skin, bones, and other body parts, used in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Unlike other cats, lions have a tuft of hair at the end of their tails.
– pictoral link to big cat learning “kids love learnign about big cats — big cat section kids area – big cat wordsearch, big cat colouring, etc big cat related
– pic link to big cat – take the big cat challenge are you are big cat expert
– link to big cat gallery
– link to big cat conservation —- stt “help to save big cats ” also jags
— link to tiger feeding video — “big cat feeding daily”
— link to lion sounds — big cat sounds — roars etc
[wordsearch-mp ws_size=460 ws_dimension=14 mywordlist=Endangered,Tigris,Territorial]